Julie Miller African Contemporary is an art investment and management company focused on harnessing and developing the global investment potential of the African art industry for the benefit of all stakeholders, and to allow art to make a greater contribution to the economic development of our continent.
Within this context, Julie Miller African Contemporary has three core objectives:
- Search out talented individuals with good investment growth potential and assist them to become sought after in the global art market by:
- investing in them.
- promoting them.
- providing the tools, guidance and exposure necessary for them to realise their full potential.
- Embrace experimentation as a company culture to:
- provide a platform that enables artists to develop by trying out new ideas and gain market feedback.
- expose the public to a broad spectrum of quality art that is interesting, unusual and thought provoking.
- Create and enhance cross-border networks to promote and sell African Contemporary art to the international community.
To achieve these objectives, three separate but interdependent strategic platforms have been developed.
Julie Miller African Contemporary South Africa
- Investment grade Contemporary African art that has a high probability of price growth over time.
- Domestic network and affiliations to enhance artists’ profiles and generate broad-based local brand recognition and growth.
- International network and affiliations to facilitate sales and distribution from the African continent to the rest of the world.
Julie Miller African Contemporary International
- Create a platform for artists, dealers and galleries to leverage and extend combined efforts to make African Contemporary Art available to the rest of the world.
- Technology driven to moderate, as far as possible, the barriers to location-independent art investment decisions. This includes e-Commerce, social applications and Virtual Reality.
Julie Miller Business of Art Academy (Non Profit Organisation)
- Teach artists important business principles, including accounting, marketing, pricing, contracts, customer relations, etc.
- Teach artists how to build their brand and market themselves, in person and online.
- Teach quality assurance practices.
- Teach business principles and practices encompassed within the art distribution network (galleries, dealers, fabricators, etc.).
- Provide an internship programme for hands-on training in curating, exhibiting, packaging, shipping, technology, marketing, sales, etc.